You are here: Forum

Glasgow Sands Forum

In using this forum;
  1. Please treat other forum members with respect and consideration - treat others as you would like to be treated.
  2. Be considerate in the language you use. Swearing will not be tolerated.
  3. Please do not spam or post any inappropriate material. - any irrelevant postings or advertising posts will be removed and the user blocked.
You will need to be a registered user to reply to posts or start a new thread. You can register here. Once you have registered you will be able to log in on future visits by using the log in link at the bottom of the page. 
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...1st born daughter1st born daughter
Previous

Next
New Post
08/08/2012 19:16

My first born daughter alicia was stillborn on the 21st july at 24 wks + 4 days. my pregnancy was trouble free and one minute everything was ok and then one day i hadnt felt alicia move so went to the hospital thinking everything would be ok. how wrong i was - i was then told her heart had stoppes beating and my world crumbles around me. it feels so unfair. waiting for the post mortum results which feels like is taking ages to come!

Life really does suck at times
Thanks for listening
louise

New Post
10/08/2012 21:29

Hi Louise
So sorry to hear about your daughter Alicia. We are a bit further down the line. We lost our son Ryan in Oct. I had pre- eclampsia and HELLP syndrome so my life was in danger and Ryan wasn't getting what he needed from the placenta. I was 25 weeks. And the only way to save me was to get him out. He was our first born too. 
Pit does all feel so unfair and I have questioned why us but am still searching for the answers
I hope you get some answers from your post Mortum. Have you had your follow up appointment with your consultant? Which hospital were you in, I hope all the mid wives were good to you. 

Fiona

New Post
12/08/2012 20:00

Hi fiona thanks for replying. im sorry for your loss too - its terrible we all have to go through this. i havnt got the pm results yet and i was at the princess royal maternity. where were you? Did you have to wait long for the pm? X

New Post
21/06/2014 03:08

Hi Louise,

So sorry for your loss. We lost our precious baby girl Kacey-Ann at 22 weeks and a bit like you everything was fine on the Tuesday at my appointment and on the Sunday i didn't feel right and sadly we were told our baby had died, no heartbeat. We are devastated and cannot believe what has happened, I'm angry and blame myself for it. Our angel was delivered on 28/05/14 and buried on 06/06/14. We are awaiting post mortem results but what if no answer or what if it was my fault. Every day is a struggle and I miss her so much. When she was born she was perfect in every way just small. I wish I could bring her back. She was my third child and never had experienced any problems in my other pregnancies. I do feel helpless and I sometimes don't know how i get through the day. I was at the princess Royal maternity hospital and I will say the midwives were very good to us.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...1st born daughter1st born daughter

The Glasgow SANDS organisation produces support leaflets, these are normally provided to bereaved parents during their stay in hospital and can also be collected from our Support Meetings. 

Health Professionals can request these leaflets and we will issue you free of charge copies as required - Please click to view leaflets and how to order 
Glasgow SANDS donate quarterly to the National Organisation who are working to promote research and improvements in practice which could save babies' lives.

This section contains first hand experiences written by parents and their relatives about the death of their baby, plus a selection of poems and memorials. Please click on the links to read more.

Parents Experiences Relatives Experiences Poems/Memorials
Fundraising with Glasgow SANDS

Glasgow SANDS is a charity that receives no goverment funding, all financial support comes from fundraisers and their wonderful efforts.  Losing a baby not only affects the immediate family but friends and the extended family too. Find out how you can help...

Add a Memorial Page
Add a Memorial Page
Within the Chapel of Rest at each of the maternity hospitals across the city, and at Wishaw, Glasgow SANDS befrienders work with the staff to maintain memorial books.  These leather bound books are available for all to read. For the Southern General you will need to request to view them at the maternity Hospital.

Should you wish to add a page you can - click here to find out how

We are so sorry that your baby has died.

Memory BoxIt may feel very hard to take in the reality of what has happened and to have any thoughts of what to do next. However, many parents have told us how important the memories of the short time they have with their baby are and that they have found it comforting to have reminders that they can look at and hold.

This ‘Always Loved, Never Forgotten’ memory box is given by Glasgow Sands as a way to create some memories which you can cherish.

Should you wish to request a Memory Box you can - click here to find out how