You are here: Forum

Glasgow Sands Forum

In using this forum;
  1. Please treat other forum members with respect and consideration - treat others as you would like to be treated.
  2. Be considerate in the language you use. Swearing will not be tolerated.
  3. Please do not spam or post any inappropriate material. - any irrelevant postings or advertising posts will be removed and the user blocked.
You will need to be a registered user to reply to posts or start a new thread. You can register here. Once you have registered you will be able to log in on future visits by using the log in link at the bottom of the page. 
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...My beautiful son xMy beautiful son x
Previous

Next
New Post
27/07/2012 20:40

My beautiful son was born stillborn on 28th June 2012, i was 37 weeks pregnant. We named him Sheriff. I have found it very difficult as i had a straight forward pregnancy and one minute he was here and the next minute he was gone. I use the sands forum and have found it to be a great life line. I would love to get involved more in Glasgow Sands if anyone help me. Thank you

New Post
07/08/2012 20:37

Jamilah, i am so sorry to hear about your son.   I lost my boy in 2006 and it is still as fresh today.   What i have found though is that it does get easier with time.   You are still very early in the grief process and I'm sure there are a lot of questions and thoughts going round your head.   If i can support you in any way please let me know and i will do my best to help.   If you would like to talk to someone you can either email the befriends or phone them, both contacts are on the site.   As for helping with SANDS we are always very thankful to parents wishing to offer their support.   Is there anything in particular you were wanting to do or get involved in?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...My beautiful son xMy beautiful son x

The Glasgow SANDS organisation produces support leaflets, these are normally provided to bereaved parents during their stay in hospital and can also be collected from our Support Meetings. 

Health Professionals can request these leaflets and we will issue you free of charge copies as required - Please click to view leaflets and how to order 
Glasgow SANDS donate quarterly to the National Organisation who are working to promote research and improvements in practice which could save babies' lives.

This section contains first hand experiences written by parents and their relatives about the death of their baby, plus a selection of poems and memorials. Please click on the links to read more.

Parents Experiences Relatives Experiences Poems/Memorials
Fundraising with Glasgow SANDS

Glasgow SANDS is a charity that receives no goverment funding, all financial support comes from fundraisers and their wonderful efforts.  Losing a baby not only affects the immediate family but friends and the extended family too. Find out how you can help...

Add a Memorial Page
Add a Memorial Page
Within the Chapel of Rest at each of the maternity hospitals across the city, and at Wishaw, Glasgow SANDS befrienders work with the staff to maintain memorial books.  These leather bound books are available for all to read. For the Southern General you will need to request to view them at the maternity Hospital.

Should you wish to add a page you can - click here to find out how

We are so sorry that your baby has died.

Memory BoxIt may feel very hard to take in the reality of what has happened and to have any thoughts of what to do next. However, many parents have told us how important the memories of the short time they have with their baby are and that they have found it comforting to have reminders that they can look at and hold.

This ‘Always Loved, Never Forgotten’ memory box is given by Glasgow Sands as a way to create some memories which you can cherish.

Should you wish to request a Memory Box you can - click here to find out how