You are here: Forum

Glasgow Sands Forum

In using this forum;
  1. Please treat other forum members with respect and consideration - treat others as you would like to be treated.
  2. Be considerate in the language you use. Swearing will not be tolerated.
  3. Please do not spam or post any inappropriate material. - any irrelevant postings or advertising posts will be removed and the user blocked.
You will need to be a registered user to reply to posts or start a new thread. You can register here. Once you have registered you will be able to log in on future visits by using the log in link at the bottom of the page. 
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...Hi, ive just joined, thanks for the new site! Hi, ive just joined, thanks for the new site!
Previous

Next
New Post
07/09/2012 15:03

Hi there some of you me know me already. I lost my baby son Aidan at 34 weeks 16 years ago on 23rd August 1996. I am his only parent and he is my only child. It was found that the cord was twisted round neck and shoulder, but it was still classed as unexplained. It took me a long time to find a decent partner, and by then into my 30s, weve been trying for a family now for 8+ years and got diagnosed with unexplained infertility in 2008 after a laparoscomy and other tests. Gutted all over...weve tried clomid, IVF/IUI..I didnt respond to drugs and during that time weve had 11 recent deaths, including my mum after 9 yrs of dementia and partners dad of a sudden stroke. Now after another 2 years on waiting list about to try egg donation, and ive just turned 44. Still no guarantee it will work (as we were unexplained), and costs ALOT of cash...not an easy decision, especially gutted as it wont be my genes, but its our only option left. If this works its hard to believe that it would be 17 years on from Aidan!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGlasgow Sands F...Glasgow Sands F...General Discuss...General Discuss...Hi, ive just joined, thanks for the new site! Hi, ive just joined, thanks for the new site!

The Glasgow SANDS organisation produces support leaflets, these are normally provided to bereaved parents during their stay in hospital and can also be collected from our Support Meetings. 

Health Professionals can request these leaflets and we will issue you free of charge copies as required - Please click to view leaflets and how to order 
Glasgow SANDS donate quarterly to the National Organisation who are working to promote research and improvements in practice which could save babies' lives.

This section contains first hand experiences written by parents and their relatives about the death of their baby, plus a selection of poems and memorials. Please click on the links to read more.

Parents Experiences Relatives Experiences Poems/Memorials
Fundraising with Glasgow SANDS

Glasgow SANDS is a charity that receives no goverment funding, all financial support comes from fundraisers and their wonderful efforts.  Losing a baby not only affects the immediate family but friends and the extended family too. Find out how you can help...

Add a Memorial Page
Add a Memorial Page
Within the Chapel of Rest at each of the maternity hospitals across the city, and at Wishaw, Glasgow SANDS befrienders work with the staff to maintain memorial books.  These leather bound books are available for all to read. For the Southern General you will need to request to view them at the maternity Hospital.

Should you wish to add a page you can - click here to find out how

We are so sorry that your baby has died.

Memory BoxIt may feel very hard to take in the reality of what has happened and to have any thoughts of what to do next. However, many parents have told us how important the memories of the short time they have with their baby are and that they have found it comforting to have reminders that they can look at and hold.

This ‘Always Loved, Never Forgotten’ memory box is given by Glasgow Sands as a way to create some memories which you can cherish.

Should you wish to request a Memory Box you can - click here to find out how